Monday, November 29, 2010

Birthday Fun

Doozer is fast approaching his first birthday. Numero Uno. The big O-N-E. From a woman who thought kids was totally not my style, I'm excited. My little bug is going to be one. He has gone from a screaming mess to this amazing little person. He learns something new every day - last week he was teetering around, and now he's walking and pinballing off of obstacles in the living room.

I find the skills that he's learned so much fun to watch. He's discovered the cats. Pablo and Hobbes are so completely disinterested in him, but he desperately wants to pull a tail. Little things, you know?

But, it's birthday party season. Celebrating the kiddos who, this time last year, were itty-bitty screamy people. I'm knitting a sock monkey for Doozer. I've been inspired by the recent sock monkey hat/mitten craze, so I figured I'd create one for him. Something he'll hopefully love and cuddle with for years to come. I put love and kisses into every stitch for him - this monkey will be a comfort when I'm not there for him. I'm using some stash yarn - some soft self-striping for the body and some mmmmmmmmmmmMalabrigo for the mouth and feet. I'd use it for the whole body if I had enough - that yarn is like crack for your needles!

I need to come up with a good name for said monkey. Something with panache!

No comments:

Post a Comment